THIS is a collection of mini-posts that explains step-by-step how to create, add, and administer Microsoft Team Foundation Server.
Here I will show you how to Grant Users and Groups permissions to a newly created TFS Project…
Now let’s begin…
1. Firstly, log onto your TFS server (eg http://my-tfs-server:8080/tfs/_Admin)
2 Ensure your Default Collection is selected.
3. Click on following link “Manage collection security and group membership”…
4. There are two options available in order to grant users access.
a. Via TFS Groups
b. Via individual Windows Users accounts
The example below shows how to create a new TFS Group and to add users to the Group.
5. Click on “Create TFS Group”…
6. In the modal popup, enter the name of your new TFS Group…
7. Hit OK. and the newly created TFS Group should appear on the LEFT.
8. Select the new TFS Group you just created
9. Then click on the “Member” tab as shown below.
10. A list of ‘existing’ members are shown. To add a new member to this TFS Group click on the ADD button and follow the simple prompts…
11. Once that is done, you’re ready to grant the TFS Group access to a TFS Project.
12. Click on “Control Panel” on the TOP LEFT
13. Select your TFS Project (in the example, this is “Deployment Signoff”) 
14. Click on “Manage project security and group membership”… 
15. Click on the “Members” tab
16. .. and you should see a list of existing members (windows accounts and/or TFS Groups) that already exist.
17. Click the ADD button
18. Select either to add a Windows User or Windows Group, or select to add a TFS Group…
19. In the modal popup, search for your desired User, or Windows Group or TFS group.
20. Hit “Save Changes”
21. Once the changes are saved, you should see a new row added to the existing access list with your new user account, or group…